I have two cats. They are litter mates and they aren’t used to other cats. They probably spend hours each day defending the yard from Wrong Cat and the other neighborhood interlopers.
My cats don’t like it.
You understand. You all know what it can be like to introduce new cats into the clowder.
The funny thing is that Twix, the more athletic and confident of the two, the cat more likely to exterminate the local squirrels, is absolutely terrified of this baby.
Pacer is curious and has started approaching the kitten, and I think it won’t be long before they can interact. This would be great, because that baby wants to play!
Feeding them is so complicated! The kitten needs special kitten food, and my cats would love to eat this food. I also want to keep her out of their space, so they don’t feel threatened. So it is this complicated dance of shutting baby in the bathroom, or putting the adults on the table, so everyone has their space.
This is the way it goes today:
- Can’t let the kitten eat full chicken gizzards! (She tried!)
- Must put gizzard treat on table.
- Not excited about feeding the cats on the table.
- Try to keep Pacer from knocking gooey gizzards to the carpet. (He tried!)
- Try to keep cats off of counter top. (They use any excuse!)
- Must try to keep cats from eating kitten chow.
- Try to keep cats from eating kitten.